Scholastic Book Fair: Through Friday, 10/30
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online through Friday, October 30th. All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more. Enjoy these special online shopping features:
- Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs.
- All orders ship direct to home.
- Free shipping on book-only orders over $25.
- All purchases support our schools and earn 25% in rewards.
Box Tops Fall submission deadline is approaching. There are two ways to participate in earning money for Roosevelt Elementary:
- Clip Box Tops and turn them into your child’s classroom teacher OR mail them in yourself. Click here for more information.
- Download the Box Top app and scan your receipts from your phone
Eventually, Box Tops will be phasing out the “clip it” option, so if you have not already start scanning your receipts, it is an easy and convenient way to earn money for Roosevelt.
Last year a total of $891.60 was earned in Box Tops for Roosevelt Elementary School so keep clipping and scanning. October 30th is your last day to turn your clipped box tops in for the Fall submission.
Wauwatosa Recreation Department Food Drive: 10/31
The Wauwatosa Recreation Department and Tosa Cares are teaming up to host a drive thru food drive. 2020 has been a difficult year and families are in need of help. Please show your kindness as we head into the Holiday Season and donate at our food drive in the Fisher Administration Building East parking lot (12121 W. North Ave). Please view the flyer here for additional information.
Miss Molly’s Boxed Lunches
Donate a lunch to our Roosevelt teachers and staff! You will have the opportunity to include a personalized note of encouragement. Plus, 10% of proceeds will be donated to each individual school.
Each lunch is individually packaged and includes either a Thai veggie wrap, turkey and cheddar sandwich, or ham and swiss sandwich, Smart Food white cheddar popcorn, a piece of fresh fruit, a freshly baked classic cookie and lemon sparkling water for $15. We will bring a variety of options to each location, and will deliver at lunchtime. Please click here to purchase.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) approved an extension of a waiver that allows the district to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students enrolled in the Wauwatosa School District through December 31, 2020. This means that all students enrolled in the District – either via Phase Into Learning, Tosa Connected or Wauwatosa Virtual Academy – will have the opportunity to get breakfast and lunch for free, regardless of eligibility. Students are no longer required to have funds in their account to receive meals.
The approval of this waiver does not change the process that students and families must follow to order meals on the days a student is not learning in a District building. Families must still complete the appropriate form to purchase meals for all students in their household for the full five-day school week for those enrolled in Tosa Connected or Wauwatosa Virtual Academy. Those families who are in the Hybrid/Cohort model will place orders for the three days they are learning asynchronously.
PTA Fundraising through Amazon Smile and Box Tops for Education
Here are two easy ways to begin fundraising for the PTA with no additional cost to you!
- Placing your Amazon orders through http://smile.amazon.com will automatically raise money for the Roosevelt PTA. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Just open AmazonSmile on your computer, search for “PTA Wisconsin Congress Roosevelt School,” and start shopping!
- Stop clipping those box tops and start scanning your receipts! Head to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ Sign up for an account, download the app on your phone and easily scan your receipts to earn money for the PTA.
- You can designate a different class to receive the points each time you scan.
Next PTA Meeting: 11/10 at 7:30 p.m. on Zoom
PTA Sign Up and Dues
Please become a member of the PTA and support us as we strive to make Roosevelt a great place for students and teachers. You can sign up via our new PTA store: https://rooseveltraptorswi.