Roosevelt Food Pantry Updates
Thank you to everyone who has helped keep our pantry stocked! Let’s continue to be a community that takes care of each other.
We love your food donations to the pantry! We are no longer accepting canned or glass items as these pose a food safety risk. See the attached list below for items that can be safely donated during the winter months.
ADOPT-THE-PANTRY: To ensure we can keep the pantry safe and stocked, we are asking for volunteers to sign up to adopt the pantry for one week (or more). During your week, we ask that you pick a day to:
- Check the inventory
- Discard any perishable, damaged or expired items
- Contact Sara Luke (email@example.com) with any items that seem low (starches, breakfast, protein, meals, etc) and we will use donated funds/food to keep it stocked
- (If it’s in your budget that week) Replenish the pantry
DONATE TODAY: And of course we’ll always welcome your contribution so we can shop and keep the pantry stocked. Donate HERE.
Thank you for improving our little piece of the world!
Free Thermometer for Wauwatosa School District Families
As part of its FLUency School Health Program, Kinsa is providing a free QuickCare smart thermometer to each elementary school family in the Wauwatosa School District. To claim yours, just follow these steps:
- Text FLUENCY to 900900.
- Open the link and download the Kinsa app.
- Type Wauwatosa in the search bar and find your school.
- Check your email to confirm your free thermometer has been ordered.
You can also choose to share the data from your thermometer with our school nurse to help the District track illnesses, identify trends and prevent increased spread in our school buildings. Please note: you are not required to share any health data to get your free thermometer! For more information, visit Kinsahealth.co.
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Sodexo will provide grab and go lunch and breakfast for all Virtual Learners attending Tosa Connected and Wauwatosa Virtual Academy. Hybrid families not wishing to have their students take-home meals from school may complete this form as well.
Breakfast and lunch meals, including milk, will be provided.
Meals can be picked up at either Longfellow Middle School on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am or Whitman Middle School on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, and, starting on December 16th, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm as well.
Meals will be provided free of charge through June 30th, 2021. Orders need to be received by 12:00 pm on Tuesdays. If you have any questions regarding the meal service, please feel free to contact the food service office at (414) 773-2635. This form needs to be completed each week.
Fundraising for Roosevelt PTA
There are two easy ways to begin fundraising for the PTA with no additional cost to you!
- Placing your Amazon orders through http://smile.amazon.com will automatically raise money for the Roosevelt PTA. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Just open AmazonSmile on your computer, (Sorry, the app doesn’t work!) search for “PTA Wisconsin Congress Roosevelt School,” and start shopping!
- You can still clip those box tops but many products no longer have clipable box tops. In these cases, start scanning your receipts! Head to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ Sign up for an account, download the app on your phone and easily scan your receipts to earn money for the PTA. You can designate a different class to receive the points each time you scan.
In order to ensure all children have access to clean face masks at school, we are accepting mask donations at Roosevelt. Please click here for mask recommendations and guidelines.
Next PTA Meeting: 2/9 at 7:30 p.m. on Zoom
PTA Sign Up and Dues
Please become a member of the PTA and support us as we strive to make Roosevelt a great place for students and teachers. You can sign up via our new PTA store: https://rooseveltraptorswi.