Next PTA Meeting: 2/9 at 7:30 p.m.
Join us on Zoom! Link to follow.
Cold Weather Clothing Need
Roosevelt is in need of new/used snow pants, winter/waterproof gloves, and boots in all sizes. As you go through your winter gear and encounter clearance sales as the season continues and weather eventually warms, please consider sending your outgrown and unneeded items to Roosevelt to be distributed to students in need. Thank you!
Roosevelt Mask Drive
Hello wonderful Roosevelt parents! Thank you for all of your support this year in providing the school with masks. They have been so helpful! As students have returned to 5 day instruction, the mask supply has once again dwindled. If you happen to have a few spare masks hanging around or if you would be able to pick up some when you are out and about shopping, I will gratefully collect them for the school. Any masks would be appreciated, but smaller sizes and gender neutral colors/patterns are needed most. I can also accept Venmo donations once again @Elizabeth-R-Jablonski. All donations will be used to purchase masks for the school. Thank you again in advance for your generosity.
Roosevelt Food Pantry Updates
Thank you to everyone who has helped keep our pantry stocked! Let’s continue to be a community that takes care of each other.
We love your food donations to the pantry! We are no longer accepting canned or glass items as these pose a food safety risk. See the attached list below for items that can be safely donated during the winter months.
ADOPT-THE-PANTRY: To ensure we can keep the pantry safe and stocked, we are asking for volunteers to sign up to adopt the pantry for one week (or more). During your week, we ask that you pick a day to:
- Check the inventory
- Discard any perishable, damaged or expired items
- Contact Sara Luke (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any items that seem low (starches, breakfast, protein, meals, etc) and we will use donated funds/food to keep it stocked
- (If it’s in your budget that week) Replenish the pantry
DONATE TODAY: And of course we’ll always welcome your contribution so we can shop and keep the pantry stocked. Donate HERE.
Thank you for improving our little piece of the world!
February Activities Cancelled
February is normally a very exciting time at Roosevelt! Unfortunately, all normally scheduled February events are cancelled this year. We will miss our traditional favorites such as Spaghetti Dinner, Sweet Treat, and the Family Dance.
Free Thermometer for Wauwatosa School District Families
As part of its FLUency School Health Program, Kinsa is providing a free QuickCare smart thermometer to each elementary school family in the Wauwatosa School District. To claim yours, just follow these steps:
- Text FLUENCY to 900900.
- Open the link and download the Kinsa app.
- Type Wauwatosa in the search bar and find your school.
- Check your email to confirm your free thermometer has been ordered.
You can also choose to share the data from your thermometer with our school nurse to help the District track illnesses, identify trends and prevent increased spread in our school buildings. Please note: you are not required to share any health data to get your free thermometer! For more information, visit Kinsahealth.co.
Free Lunch and Breakfast
Sodexo will provide grab and go lunch and breakfast for all Virtual Learners attending Tosa Connected and Wauwatosa Virtual Academy. Hybrid families not wishing to have their students take-home meals from school may complete this form as well.
Breakfast and lunch meals, including milk, will be provided.
Meals can be picked up at either Longfellow Middle School on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am or Whitman Middle School on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, and, starting on December 16th, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm as well.
Meals will be provided free of charge through June 30th, 2021. Orders need to be received by 12:00 pm on Tuesdays. If you have any questions regarding the meal service, please feel free to contact the food service office at (414) 773-2635. This form needs to be completed each week.
Fundraising for Roosevelt PTA
There are two easy ways to begin fundraising for the PTA with no additional cost to you!
- Placing your Amazon orders through http://smile.amazon.com will automatically raise money for the Roosevelt PTA. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Just open AmazonSmile on your computer, (Sorry, the app doesn’t work!) search for “PTA Wisconsin Congress Roosevelt School,” and start shopping!
- You can still clip those box tops but many products no longer have clipable box tops. In these cases, start scanning your receipts! Head to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ Sign up for an account, download the app on your phone and easily scan your receipts to earn money for the PTA. You can designate a different class to receive the points each time you scan.
PTA Sign Up and Dues
Please become a member of the PTA and support us as we strive to make Roosevelt a great place for students and teachers. You can sign up via our new PTA store: https://rooseveltraptorswi.